Join our team!
We’re a group of passionate people who recruit and support permanent families for older youth through innovative, respectful practices. If you are interested in joining our efforts, see the posting below for our Program Director. Details for applying are at the bottom of the posting.
The Program Director oversees all aspects of permanency services provided to youth and families at Ampersand Families, including supervision and management of the Permanency Specialist team, to maintain a healthy work environment that values self-care and excellence in permanency practice. The Program Director leads program development initiatives and acts as a liaison between the agency, Minnesota counties and Minnesota Department of Human Services, Child Safety and Permanency unit. This is a professional position that requires experience in direct service as well as leadership positions in public or private agencies providing foster care and/or adoption services in Minnesota.
Ampersand Families prides itself on being an employer of choice with an organizational culture of excellence that embraces humor, learning and support. The person in this position will play a critical role in supporting and deepening this culture and positive environment in the office. Ampersand Families strives for diversity, inclusivity and equity in who we serve, who we employ and who leads the organization as board members. The agency is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, nationality, ethnic background, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, socio-economic status, status with regard to public assistance, political affiliation, veteran status, other non-visible differences and other protected attributes.
- Ensure that all aspects of Youth and Family Services are completed consistent with best practices, budget and grant funded expectations and the agency’s mission. Understand agency goals for program services and strive to meet and exceed these goals. Promote an environment that facilitates innovation and creative solutions.
- Develop and implement new programming in family support services.
- Management responsibilities include hiring/firing, orienting, training and reviewing Permanency Specialists, and providing leadership to maintain a healthy work environment that values self-care and excellence in permanency practice.
- Provide regular case consultation and supervision to Permanency Specialists.
- Outreach and relationship-building with Minnesota Counties to encourage new youth referrals and to act as a liaison for problem-solving between the agency, a county and MN Department of Human Services when difficult cases arise.
- Regular quality review of client files and agency workflow and processes; develop new procedures, policies and documents as needed and work with individual staff to improve performance when necessary.
- Provide leadership to coordinate pre-adopt, buddy family and other training several times per year.
- Promote creative recruitment strategies to increase number of families adopting via the agency. Ensure that all inquiring prospective families receive a one-on-one orientation to the agency and older child adoption.
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
- Well organized, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task. Strong communication skills. Ability to be self-directed as well as to work as part of a team. Flexibility, comfort with change and personal initiative are necessary traits to effectively fulfill the expectations of this position.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to develop partnerships with a wide range of community members, social services professionals, families and youth.
- Front-line and leadership experience in public and/or private child welfare agency, and proven knowledge of Minnesota adoption and foster care systems, laws and procedures.
- Strong presentation skills, including experience making large group presentations.
- Experience developing and implementing programs and training curricula.
- Must retain licensure as required by applicable board or laws.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs.
- Driving record, current driver’s license, insurance coverage and background checks in compliance with agency policies. Willingness to travel throughout Minnesota, including occasional overnights.
- Master’s degree in social work or related field, or equivalent experience required.
To be considered for this position, send a cover letter including your interest in the position, what you will bring to the position, and why you are the ideal candidate, along with a resume to Ampersand Families at email@example.com. Applications are due Wednesday, July 13.