30 Days to Family® is an intense, short-term intervention developed by the Foster & Adoptive Care Coalition to:
- Increase the number of children placed with relatives/kin at the time they enter the foster care system
- Ensure natural and community supports are in place to promote stability for the child.
The program model features two major elements: family finding and family support interventions.
Family Finding. Rigorous search process to identify and engage 80+ relatives with equal emphasis on maternal and paternal sides of family.
Assessment. Identify child and family specific needs.
Secure Placement. Secure one permanent and two back up relative/kin placements within 30 days.
Comprehensive Support Planning. Map and connect all natural supports and wrap around services with the goal of ensuring long term stability.
We aim to find a home, in a familiar environment, and maintain relationships between children and their family until they return home.
30 Days to Family® Philosophies
- Every family is unique.
- Only the family members are experts on the family.
- Children deserve to be with their family.
- Children have a right to maintain kinship and cultural connections.
- Relatives have the right to know family members exist
- Everyone has something to contribute.
- Active family participation is essential for good outcomes.
- All families are entitled to respect from the child welfare system.
- Every child has family members that are able and willing to care for them.
Outcomes for Children and Families Served by 30 Days to Family®
*As identified in the 30 Days to Family® Logic Model as identified by Atkinson, A.J. (2017). 30 Days to Family® theory of change testing: Comprehensive report (Evaluation report). Petersburg, VA: PolicyWorks, Ltd.
To refer a family, contact Renee Banas at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612.384.4289.
For more information about 30 Days to Family®, read 30 Days to Family® Program