Ampersand Families is a non-profit agency that focuses on finding and sustaining permanency for youth in the foster care system and provides an array of other community-based services to families and youth.
Ampersand Families strives for diversity, inclusivity and equity in who we serve, who we employ and who leads the organization as board members. The agency is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, nationality, ethnic background, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, socio-economic status, status with regard to public assistance, political affiliation, veteran status, other non-visible differences and other protected attributes.
Check out our current employment opportunities below. To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Job Type: Hourly, Part Time
Hours: 15-20 hours per week
Supervisor: Operations Manager
Starting Salary Range: $12-$17 per hour
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Administrative Assistant will contribute to Ampersand Families’ mission by responding to the daily operational and programmatic needs of the organization.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail
- Answer the main phone line and direct call to appropriate person
- Assist with monthly expense reconciliation (credit card statements, Enterprise, etc.)
- Order office supplies
- Assist in maintaining and troubleshooting office equipment
- Greet guests in a professional manner and help to connect with staff
- Organize files, documents, contracts
- Maintain internal files of vendors, contracts, and invoices
- Coordinates meeting and training scheduling and set up including printing, copying and catering arrangement
- Manage logistics for pre-adoption training and other family events (dates, participants, trainers, space, handouts, food)
- Track and organize family paperwork, ensuring all forms and materials are received complete and in a timely fashion
- Support program staff with scanning and redacting documents
- Help migrate and maintain client records in SAM database
- Record donations and generate donor acknowledgments
- Create and maintain schedule for routine mailings to prospective families and donors
- Fundraising and community event support, including oversight of invitations and programs, event logistics implementation of communications plan and activities surrounding specific events, general support.
- Assist with several large mailings per year
- Assist staff with projects as needed
- High school diploma or GED certificate required, some higher education preferred
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and eager to learn
- Ability to organize time and work independently, follow directions and complete tasks in an effective manner
- Skill in coordinating tasks and projects
- Computer skills, including word processing. Experience with Microsoft Excel a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with a diversity of peoples and groups
- Preferable skills/experience: experience working in an administrative role, customer service, volunteer experience, experience working/volunteering in family-oriented environments (interacting with adults and children together), previous event coordination, and/or previous experience working with children.
A background check is required.
This position requires a commitment of 15-20 hours, spread over 3 to 5 days, per week. Specific days and work hours are negotiable. This position will work out of our St. Paul office at 2515 Wabash Avenue, Suite 150, St. Paul, MN 55114. Some in-state travel may be necessary.