Learn. Act. Give. Talk.
You can help older youth find permanent families by…
- Take our “Should You Adopt?” quiz to learn more.
- Contact us to schedule an individual orientation to learn more about older youth adoption.
- Become a Buddy Family to provide support and respite for an adoptive family and their teen.
- NEW! Apply to our Office Volunteer position.
- Schedule an information session at your work or faith community; we often have youth and families available to share their stories.
- Lend your professional photography skills to Minnesota Heart Gallery or find sites for photo exhibits.
- Host a house party- a fundraiser or friendraiser for us.
- If you work with databases, consider donating some time to help Ampersand Families’ staff get the most out of the data we collect.
- Learn more about serving on Ampersand Families’ board of directors or on a committee of the board.
- Make an online gift today.
- Donate store gifts cards to buy educational supplies, snacks for teens and families, or gas to travel to visit teens and families.
- Connect us with individuals and businesses that might financially support our work.
- Provide printing, marketing or other pro bono services.
- We need to build our capacity to do some of our work via video conferencing. Can you help?
Being a voice:
- Refer a friend who might be a prospective adoptive or buddy family.
- Connect us to an organization you know that might be interested in learning more about older youth and permanency.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local paper to tell others about your commitment to keeping the promise of family for all youth.
- Talk to your county commissioners or state legislators and let them know you support permanency efforts for all children in foster care- including teens!
- Use your personal networks (invite us to your book club or business group) to help us get the message out.
- Follow us on Instagram and Facebook! Share our content and help us spread knowledge about Ampersand and our events.
Get on our contact list and let us know how you’d like to help or to learn more about what we do